Monday, December 12, 2011

Beta Review

Things slowed a little after Beta review as I rushed to catch up on my other school work, but now it's back on track and a race to get everything done by the deadline.
Some finagling with Visual Studio has allowed me to wrap my c++ code in a python module that will run in the windows environment. I now have an option in my maya script that allows you to "exhaust" the texture. Just switches out the textures at this point (no progression), but small steps first.

Goals:
-progression of exhaustion in Maya
-user selection
   .determine if running through python, c++, openCV
   .determine radius based on selection
   note: I have a feeling this will take longer than I want it to, and I may have to decide between continuing this or    
    moving on to other pieces of the project
-Sweating
   .gradient face selection
   .duplication of faces, scaling
   .creation of surface emitter
   .object-particle instancing
   .parenting

[EDIT 13 Dec 2011]
Notes from Beta (comments from Norm and Joe):
-specular based on ambient occlusion (more sweat builds up in creases of the body)
-face drained of color

No comments:

Post a Comment